Friday, December 2, 2011

My Not so Secret Addiction

It happens, everytime I open a fashion mag or get my daily dose of style.com. It feels like torture. The luxurious items I yearn for right in front of me but so far out of reach. I want it all - that Chanel dress, Alexander McQueen bag and I need that gold rolex! It sends me into a small state of depression, but there is something else there.

I get butterflies as I scour the glossy pages filled with colours and must have season buys. It's a rush. A rush of excitement as I think to myself 'You know Laura, one day you will have all of this.' Yes, to some this may seem highly ambitious, to me though I just know deep down that one day I will be able to drop $3,000.00 on that adorable clutch without thinking twice.

I do realise how superficial this sounds of me, I can't help it. Sure, they are just materialistic things that come and go, but they make me feel so happy! Therefore I think of my fashion mags not as a form of torture, more as motivation, a drive to keep me working towards the things I want (and need of course!), while others (perhaps my mother and sister) think of it more as my substance abuse problem. Could be worse right?

Yours Stylishly

XO LD

No comments:

Post a Comment