Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Anonymous Friend

Hello There!

So there is a man, I guess I would call him my "friend", that lives on a road near Boyfie's house which I drive past everyday. I must tell you I have never actually formally met this man before and he may or may not be a bit simple minded but that doesn't matter either way.

One day I saw this man while I was driving past and he was waving to cars. He waved to me, so naturally I waved back. Everytime I would drive past this friend would wave to me with a huge grin on his face and I would wave back. It became somewhat of a ritual and I found myself checking on my way past to see if he was out the front.

It perhaps got a little strange when one day I pulled up at a set of lights next to a blue car and saw a man waving frantically out his window at me. He obviously now knows my car. It got even a little weirder one rainy day on my way to work when that same little blue car flashed its lights at me and I see a very smiley man waving through his windscreen.

When my friend sees me he gets this big smile across his face. I like to think by me waving to him I make his day. Can I be really honest though? He kind of makes my day too. I often find myself grinning the rest of the trip home.

Simple things - kind gestures, just a friendly smile and a wave to another human being, someone you don't even know, do go a long way.  It always makes me feel happy when I am on the receiving and giving end.

So next time you are having a bad day just smile at a passing by stranger and I guarantee their smile back will lift your spirits.

xo LD

No comments:

Post a Comment