Thursday, February 16, 2012

Coastal Dreaming

Hello my Pretties!

It seems like it has been a million years! So much has happened in just 1 week.

Firstly I am writting this post while sitting in my very own unit and Yes I DO love it!! I can hear the beach right now.
We ended up moving in Tuesday after deciding Monday afternoon we should push the real estate to let us in early. This is how I spent my Valentines Day.

Driving to the coast from Warwick which normally takes 2.5 hours but with Dad's driving took us 4!! Once we got my stuff out of the van and up the stairs into the unit we had to go and get my roomie's worldly possessions from storage. She has a lot and it is the 'good stuff furniture'. You know the real solid heavy ass things. A beach view soon felt hardly worth the backbreaking flight of stairs. We were very lucky we had Father Dearest helping out.

Later that night after having enough of unpacking boxes we thought maybe we should pop down to the shops and get a few essentials.
(Before I tell you the rest of the story just remember it was a very long, hot, exhausting day for the both of us.)
We get to the car and realise the keys are not in Roomie's bag like we thought. I did not even take mine and I had locked the door. Roomie did not have her phone and I did not even have my car key. On our first night we were locked out of our own home and stranded.

After unsuccessfully trying to scale the building and annoying our upstairs neighbours to see if we can be hoisted down to our balcony. Which we were informed would be very difficult and far too dangerous. We learnt our unit is impossible to break into without a very tall ladder so we called a locksmith (a very cute locksmith I might add).

After getting in, and taking both sets of keys with us, we went to the shops and bought some much needed alcohol and all the ingredients to have coffee for the morning.

It seems almost as if the Gods are against our new rooming. On the first night we could not get any hot water. Soon found out the hot water main switch had been turned off earlier when we were trying to find the electricity switch.

The TV is only getting 2 channels (neither are channel 7!!!).

We were missing a pot in our set that we bought. (Of course I realised this after I had washed the lot of them up.)

On day 2 the hot water decided to chuck it in so we still have no hot water (don't worry I have showered).

Thanks to Roomie I now have a nice little scratch on the side of my car after quickly learning my car does NOT fit in the undercover parking.

HOWEVER despite everything, all our bad luck, it has been fun and although I miss my Family & Boyfie terribly I am happy.

Now that the house is in some sort of order next on the list is to get me a job. Anyone hiring??

Stay Stylish Love Bugs I shall see you all next Thursday
LDxo

No comments:

Post a Comment